Our experienced Denver general dentists can help you achieve and maintain optimum oral health. Call DeWitt Dental Associates at 303-566-4036 to schedule an appointment. Our Top 5 Tips for great oral health are:
- Floss every day. Flossing removes food debris and plaque from the areas your toothbrush can't reach. Flossing prevents tooth decay, gum disease and the buildup of tartar.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day. Brushing prevents cavities, gum disease and some amount of teeth staining. To brush effectively, use a soft-bristled toothbrush to prevent damaging your gum tissue. Using light pressure, hold the toothbrush at a 45 degree angle to your gums to brush your teeth. Brush all the surfaces of your teeth, including the inner, outer and chewing surfaces.
- Visit your dentist for regular cleanings and checkups. You simply cannot remove all the plaque on your teeth on your own. A cleaning by a hygienist ensures your teeth and gums are as clean as possible, and our dentists will check for early signs of dental problems so that you can avoid more serious issues down the road.
- Rinse your mouth or chew gum after eating. Cavities are caused by the activity of bacteria in your mouth. To prevent bacteria from feasting on the food and beverages you consume, do not allow these consumables to remain on your teeth after eating or drinking. Rinse your mouth with water, brush your teeth or chew gum after meals.
- Replace your toothbrush every 3 months. Toothbrushes become frayed and worn over time, which drastically decreases their effectiveness. Throw out and replace your toothbrush every 3 to 4 months.
If you are searching for an experienced Denver general dentist to provide effective, state-of-the-art dental care, please contact DeWitt Dental Associates to schedule a consultation.