With Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, or CEramic REConstruction (CEREC) technology, the wait times and multiple appointments required for porcelain dental crowns can often be eliminated. This process was developed at the University of Zurich in 1980. With developments in 3D printing and milling technology, the process is more accessible than ever before to our cosmetic dentistry patients in Denver and Cherry Creek.
For patients who are good candidates, CEREC technology allows the entire process for crowns to be carried out in our Denver office in a single visit using biocompatible ceramics. With CEREC, impressions are made digitally, so you don’t need to go through the messy and awkward process of traditional impressions.
Here are the steps of the CEREC process:
- An intraoral camera is used to create a virtual model of the affected teeth
- Our experienced dentists use the model to construct the restoration on the computer screen
- The model is sent through our office computer network to the milling machine
- The milling machine carves the restoration from a block of color-matched ceramic in about 15 minutes
- The restoration is finished by painting, polishing and glazing
- The crown in placed in the mouth
If you are interested in CEREC or traditional porcelain tooth crowns to restore your teeth in Cherry Creek or any of the surrounding areas of Denver, please call DeWitt Dental Associates at 303-566-4036.