At DeWitt Dental Associates, our dentists and team want you to be able to enjoy a relaxing experience each time you visit our office. If dental care makes you anxious or uncomfortable, you may avoid going to your routine dental appointments. If this sounds like you, you may be a great candidate for sedation dentistry. Schedule a consult with one of our dentists to learn more and to ask any questions you have on your mind, such as:
Is Sedation Dentistry Right for Me?
During your consultation, our dentists will help you decide if our relaxing dental services are right for you. Many of our sedation dentistry patients seek these services because of the following issues:
- Anxious about dental treatments
- Fearful feelings during dental appointments
- Past traumatic dental experiences
- Physical discomfort or an overly sensitive gag reflex during dental treatment
Sedation can allow you to overcome these problems, which can be essential to getting the dental care you need.
Which Type is Right for Me?
Our experienced dentists provide two types of sedation:
- IV sedation. We are licensed by the State of Colorado to provide minimal to moderate sedation using IV medication. This level of sedation allows you to remain awake but deeply relaxed.
- Nitrous oxide. Also known as "laughing gas," nitrous oxide is inhaled through a mask over your nose. You'll feel relaxed and maybe slightly sleepy. As soon as the mask is removed, the effects of the gas will quickly dissipate, so you'll be able to drive yourself home afterward.
The dentists at DeWitt Dental Associates can help you decide the type and level of sedation that will allow you to comfortably receive dental care.
What are the Side Effects or Risks?
Today's sedation dental techniques are safer and more effective than ever before, but you should still discuss all the possible side effects with our dentists. We are extensively experienced in the methods of sedation we offer, and we want to make sure it will be optimally beneficial for you before recommending it.
To schedule a consultation to learn more about sedation dentistry, please call DeWitt Dental Associates in Denver at 303-566-4036.