If you are hoping for whiter teeth in 2015, consider our Cherry Creek dentistry team's 6 steps to brighten your smile:
- Brush and floss your teeth. Poor oral hygiene can lead to stained, yellow teeth. You can prevent some of the dinginess by brushing your teeth at least twice a day and flossing once a day.
- Replace your toothbrush. If brushing your teeth combats stains, then your brush should be in tip-top shape. When toothbrushes get old and frayed, the bristles do not clean your teeth as well. Replace your toothbrush about every 3 or 4 months.
- Drink staining beverages through a straw. Red wine, fruit juice, tea, energy drinks – all of these can lead to staining because of their acidic content and staining ingredients. Using a beverage straw keeps a lot of the liquid off of your tooth enamel.
- Quit smoking. Using tobacco is a major cause of unsightly teeth stains. Quit the habit now for better health and a brighter smile. Reach out to friends, family and local support organizations if you need help to quit.
- Eat certain stain-fighting fruits and veggies. Celery, apples and strawberries are just a few of the food types that scrub and rinse away food and beverage debris. On the other hand, certain foods, such as blackberries and beets, tend to stain your teeth.
- Get your teeth whitened. Ultimately, it may be difficult to get the level of smile whiteness you want without professional intervention. Our dentist can use proven, effective teeth whitening treatments to provide long-lasting bright smile results.
Are you searching for an experienced Denver dentist to help you brighten your smile while providing effective, caring dentistry that will keep your teeth strong and healthy? If so, please contact DeWitt Dental Associates to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced dentists in Cherry Creek. We can also be reached at 303-321-5656.