DeWitt Dental Blog
Premier Dentistry for Denver, Cherry Creek & Englewood, CO
In Denver, the experienced dentists at DeWitt Dental Associates use porcelain crowns for patients dealing with certain dental issues. We choose to offer porcelain crowns for their many advantages. These crowns are tooth-colored and look just like your natural teeth.
Our porcelain crowns can be used for a wide range of dental problems, such as for:
- A tooth following a root canal
- Damaged or worn teeth
- A tooth with an old and broken dental filling
- Teeth with advanced decay
- Aesthetically unpleasing teeth
Our dentists find that porcelain crowns are a great option for restoring the full function and strength of a tooth in a way that is cosmetically pleasing. If an all-porcelain crown is not the right option for the specific tooth – such as may be the case with molars – we have other dental crowns we use, such as those made from porcelain fused to metal.
Our dentists are excited to meet with you and discuss your dental goals. We are personally committed to helping you have the attractive and healthy smile you deserve.
To find out if our Denver porcelain crowns are the right way to restore the attractiveness, strength and function of your teeth, please contact DeWitt Dental Associates to schedule a consultation. You can also call us at 303-321-5656.
Dental implants can be great tooth replacement option. Many people are good candidates for implant dentistry, and our experienced dentists in Cherry Creek can help you determine if this option or another treatment will fit your expectations and goals.
Ultimately, it's up to each patient to decide the best way to replace missing teeth. We will make sure you know all of your options as well as the pros and cons of each. If you are wondering about some of the benefits of dental implants, some of the chief advantages include:
- The longest-lasting way to replace missing teeth.
- Provides a natural-looking, aesthetically pleasing replacement tooth.
- Dental implant serves as a replacement tooth root and provides maximum durability for chewing and speaking.
- Dental implants do not shift or move around, as is a possibility with removable dentures.
- Dental implants prevent the bone beneath the site of the missing tooth from shrinking.
Our dentists are committed to empowering our patients to make informed decisions about their dental care. We will make sure you know all aspects of the implant procedure and that you feel confident about choosing the right way to restore the strength and attractiveness of your smile.
To find out if you are a good candidate for this tooth replacement option, please contact DeWitt Dental Associates to schedule a consultation with our experienced Denver dental implant dentists. You can also call our office at 303-321-5656.
Everyone wants to look great at holiday parties and family gatherings. Make sure you have the confidence of a white smile with DeWitt Dental Associate's 4 tips for keeping your teeth white over the holidays:
- Rinse or brush after wine and other foods and beverages. Wine, coffee, tea, berries, fruit juice and tomato sauce – these are just some of the major teeth stainers. Experts say that if whatever you are about to enjoy could stain your clothes, then it can stain your teeth. To combat the staining effects of these foods, rinse your mouth out with water or brush your teeth after consuming.
- Stick to your oral hygiene routine. Late nights with friends and family can make it easy to talk yourself out of flossing, but make sure you still brush at least twice a day and floss once a day. Dental hygiene can't remove yellow teeth stains, but it helps to prevent staining.
- Don't smoke. Smoking tobacco causes brown teeth stains that deeply penetrate your teeth enamel. Now is a great time to quit! It's good for both your health and the appearance of your teeth. Quitting smoking also drastically reduces your risk of gum disease.
- Visit our dentist for a pre-holiday teeth whitening touch-up. Make sure you look your best this holiday season by getting your teeth whitened at our dental practice. With Zoom! teeth whitening, you can get bright white teeth in about one hour, and the results will be long lasting. With Life-Like teeth whitening, you can complete the treatment at home in as little as two weeks.
If you want to get rid of teeth stains quickly before the holidays, please contact DeWitt Dental Associates to schedule a consultation with our experienced Denver dentists to learn about your teeth whitening options.
General dentists provide the basic dental care to prevent, diagnose and treat a wide range of dental problems. When a dental condition is advanced and requires a specialist, a general dentist can refer you to one. At DeWitt Dental Associates, our experienced and caring Denver general dentists provide comprehensive services to meet a variety of dental needs. Some of the dental problems we commonly treat include:
- Tooth decay
- Gum disease
- Teeth grinding
- Bad breath
An important part of general dentistry is the routine dental cleaning and exam. These are the pillars of prevention that help you avoid poor dental health. Your general dentist is the first line of defense in helping you combat the issues that lead to the dental problems listed above.
We know that the health of your smile is critically important, and we also believe you deserve to feel great about the way your smile looks. Our dental practice also offers cosmetically minded treatments, such as white dental fillings instead of metal, to create a smile that is both attractive and healthy.
Inflamed and irritated gums are not an uncommon problem. Fortunately, our experienced dentists in the Denver and Cherry Creek area can help you avoid gum problems in the first place. Gum disease is caused by bacteria in your mouth. Bacteria is contained in plaque, and the toxins produced by the bacteria not only cause cavities, the toxins also inflame and irritate your gums, causing them to swell and bleed.
Certain risk factors increase your risk for gum disease:
- Smoking or chewing tobacco
- Poor dental hygiene
- Failing to get your routine dental cleanings and exams
- Diet that lacks nutrients
- Certain medications
- Certain health conditions that impair your immune system
- Family history of gum disease
Additionally, if your teeth are crooked, you may be more vulnerable to gum disease because it is more difficult to floss and brush adequately around misaligned teeth.
Our dentists can discuss your specific risk factors with you, as well as ways you can manage them. To prevent gum disease, it's essential to brush and floss your teeth, and to get routine professional dental cleanings to remove plaque and tartar in your mouth.
If you are searching for experienced, caring, state-of-the-art Denver dentistry in a modern setting, please contact DeWitt Dental Associates to schedule a consultation with one of our dentists.
Our experienced Denver general dentists can help you achieve and maintain optimum oral health. Call DeWitt Dental Associates at 303-321-5656 to schedule an appointment. Our Top 5 Tips for great oral health are:
- Floss every day. Flossing removes food debris and plaque from the areas your toothbrush can't reach. Flossing prevents tooth decay, gum disease and the buildup of tartar.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day. Brushing prevents cavities, gum disease and some amount of teeth staining. To brush effectively, use a soft-bristled toothbrush to prevent damaging your gum tissue. Using light pressure, hold the toothbrush at a 45 degree angle to your gums to brush your teeth. Brush all the surfaces of your teeth, including the inner, outer and chewing surfaces.
- Visit your dentist for regular cleanings and checkups. You simply cannot remove all the plaque on your teeth on your own. A cleaning by a hygienist ensures your teeth and gums are as clean as possible, and our dentists will check for early signs of dental problems so that you can avoid more serious issues down the road.
- Rinse your mouth or chew gum after eating. Cavities are caused by the activity of bacteria in your mouth. To prevent bacteria from feasting on the food and beverages you consume, do not allow these consumables to remain on your teeth after eating or drinking. Rinse your mouth with water, brush your teeth or chew gum after meals.
- Replace your toothbrush every 3 months. Toothbrushes become frayed and worn over time, which drastically decreases their effectiveness. Throw out and replace your toothbrush every 3 to 4 months.
If you are searching for an experienced Denver general dentist to provide effective, state-of-the-art dental care, please contact DeWitt Dental Associates to schedule a consultation.