Your primary reasons for choosing a dentist may include things like proximity to your work or home, as well as whether the dentist accepts your insurance. These factors are both important, but you should also ask prospective dentists some questions to better determine which one is the best fit for you. Below are certain questions you may want to write down and ask the dentist. To learn more about the experienced Denver dentists at DeWitt Dental Associates, please call our office at (303) 566-4036.
Questions about the Dentist and the Dental Practice
Questions you may want to ask about the specific dentists and the office include:
- How would you describe the experience and training of the dentists? You may want to choose a dentist with some years of experience under his or her belt. Find out how long the dentist has been practicing, and what type of specialized training he or she has received in the dentistry field.
- What is the range of services offered by your dentists? It may go without saying, but you want your dentist to provide the services you think you'll need in the immediate future, and that will serve the goals you have for your oral health and your smile.
- What can I expect during a routine visit? It's always a good idea to find out what to expect. Will you be x-rayed? Will there be a complete oral exam, including cavity detection, by the dentist? Knowing what to expect is a good way to get a sense for how the dental practice operates.
Questions about Dentistry and your Oral Health
You may also want to ask about the dentistry services, treatment plans and an individualized approach to your dental care:
- Will all of my treatment options and the related costs be explained to me before any dental work is performed? You deserve to know how much any recommended treatment will cost, when the amount will be due and how much your dental insurance will cover. The staff should explain these things to you before you undergo any dental treatment.
- What dentistry treatments do you recommend for my goals? An experienced and thorough dentist should present you with all of your options, as well as the advantages, limitations and cost of each option. You deserve to know all of the ways to approach treatment.
- What hygiene routine do you recommend for my current oral health status? Depending on your oral health – is it average, excellent, or are you dealing with some oral health problems – your dentist should recommend a customized approach to your dental care. For some people, a visit more often than every 6 months may be necessary, or you may need fewer checkups. An individual has unique dental health needs, and your dentist should be focused on individualized care.
At DeWitt Dental Associates, we are excited to meet you and answer any questions you may have to help you choose a dentist.
Denver has many dentists throughout the metro area. Make sure you choose one that is a good fit for your goals, dental health, insurance, expectations and other criteria. To learn more about the helpful, friendly team and experienced dentists at DeWitt Dental Associates, please call 303-566-4036.